This article will show you how to create a simple document template using non-selectable merge-fields.
Creating your template document
- Open a new word document.
- Write your stock letter and take note of the fields you'd like to populate later using AgileCase.
- For this example, we've used brackets to highlight the fields we intend to populate.
Now that you have drafted your stock letter, it's time to add merge fields to your letter, so the system knows where to pull data from and which data to populate.
AgileCase has made it easy for you to find the merge fields so you can easily add them to your template, to view them:
- In AgileCase, open a case that you intend to use this template with.
- Click on Edit to open the dropdown list.
- Click on View Merge Fields, to open the list of available merge fields.
This will open up a list of all the available merge fields that you can use in your template.
Adding fields to your document
Scroll down through the list to locate the fields you'd like to use, and click on copy icon under "Click To Copy" tab. This will copy the merge field to your clipboard, so you don't have to manually write it in your document.
Now you have the merge field copied to your clipboard, it's time to head back to the document and paste it in the document where you intend to add your merge fields.
When you paste merge fields from AgileCase in this manner, you do not need to paste them in mail merge, they can be inserted directly in to your word document.
Now you should have the full document ready, with all the merge fields inserted.
After using this template with AgileCase, the merge fields will be populated with the relevant data assigned to each field. The output document should look like this:
You can download this example template here: 7.1 Simple Document Template.docx.
As always, if you have any difficulties creating mergefields, do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com.