This article will show you how to control the visibility of the system form fields in new cases.
You can select which fields you'd like to appear on the new case creation form. This will help customize the form to only show the fields relevant to your business.
Accessing Form Fields Visibility
- Click on your account name from the dashboard (top right corner).
- Click on Settings. This will open up your settings page.
- Scroll down to find New Case Form, under the "Case Type Settings" header.
After you click on "New Case Form", you will see the list of fields (all fields are selected by default).
You can then select and deselect the fields you'd like to show, for the purpose of this lesson, we will deselect the "Client Reference Number" field.
- Uncheck the "Client Reference Number" checkbox.
- Click on Save Changes, to finish.
Confirm your changes
By default, the new case creating form will have all the fields visible. To verify your changes are successful, Open a new case form, and you will see that the fields you've unchecked, no longer appear on the form.
Before (all fields are visible, including Client Reference)
After (Client Reference field is no longer visible)
For more information on how to create a new case, please refer to this article.